When evaluating the chance of successful prosecution and eventual recovery a forensic accountant with experience in criminal investigations is essential
Expert Forensic Accountants
IDR can be instructed to act as forensic accountants to investigate the possibility of fraud or analyse areas where weaknesses may lay within a business structure and procedural processes. All our forensic investigations are conducted in a professional, confidential and prudent manner so as not to indicate the reasons of our presence within the organisation.
Request a call
How we can help with your
Forensic Accounting requirements
Identifying the most suitable Forensic Accountant for each case
The IDR network has a wide range of providers in this area, ensuring we can match the most suitable provider to you and your client. We can assist with simple tasks such as checking the legitimacy of bank statements to more substantive tasks such as business structures and cryptocurrency accounts.
Below is an example of some of the more specialist services our professional forensic accountants can provide
- Ascertain the value of assets held within those overseas jurisdictions
- Methodology will vary depending on type of asset e.g. holiday home/investment in commercial property/bank accounts/ shareholdings/other assets
- Understand and unravel offshore company structures to identify ultimate beneficial ownership
- Overseas valuation experts resident in those specific jurisdictions may be required on occasions
- Ascertain if the any cryptocurrency is owned
- Determine if they bought and sold on an exchange or received cryptocurrency for goods & services
- Establish how they transacted in cryptocurrency
- Investigate whether they used cryptocurrency within their business
- Find out if the client can access required records e.g. computers/phones/electronic devices
- Gather information from other financial records to ascertain any evidence of cryptocurrency ownership
- Engage with the trustees to establish who the beneficiaries of the trust are
- If the beneficiary is identified, then establish what assets are held in the trust, their value and the beneficiary’s entitlement
- For offshore trusts, establish if co-operation can be secured within the overseas jurisdiction to information gather
SPVs & Complex Business Structures:
- Establish shareholding/ equity interest in SPVs and valuation from the assets and liabilities held within it
- Investigate the existence of potential shadow directorships
- Understand shareholding values and value of debts potentially owed by the company to the individual
Property & Real Estate:
- Utilise HM Land Registry data to test valuations on UK property
- Examination of potential capital gains tax liabilities for parties that have left
- Calculating HMRC capital gains tax liability where appropriate on other property and real estate to be disposed of in settlement
Integrated Dispute Resolution (IDR) brings together an unparalleled range of professional support services. IDR provides one point of contact for all of yours or your clients legal and tax support needs.
Embracing the concept of ‘client centric’ legal practice we enable you to maximise your legal budget, and support lawyers by minimising the time and costs spent on searching for the most appropriate ancillary services that may be required in the pursuit of the desired outcome in a legal matter.
All of the professional members are vetted and assessed on their abilities to perform services under each distinct area of law in which they wish to support. IDR provides a seamless extension of your legal team enabling lawyers to make the most effective and efficient use of their time and expertise.
By utilising the services provided by IDR, lawyers and clients can be confident that they have the strongest possible team working together on their legal matter.
Not sure what support you require?
If you can’t find the support you are looking for on our website or are unsure what service you require, please contact us with a description of your requirements and we can discuss the options available to you.
Request a call
We are currently looking for individuals and organisations that provide legal and litigation support services, if you are interested in joining the IDR network and benefiting from our established relationships with Law Firms and Barristers in the UK and beyond, please contact us today and a member of the team will get in touch to discuss.