Job Title: Paralegal
Pay: Competitive Base Salary with Commission Package
Status: Part/Full Time
Start Date: April 2021
Integrated Dispute Resolution (IDR) is an innovative provider of legal support services to both the legal profession and direct clients. IDR has won awards for “Innovation in Family Law” and is accredited to ISO 9001 and 27001 standards.
The range of services provided by IDR is among the most diverse on the legal support market, including Mediators, Arbitrators, Forensic Accounting, Asset Tracing, Independent Social Workers, Tax Investigations, Litigation Funding, ATE Insurance, Paralegal Support plus many more essential services.
Clients of IDR range from ranked law firms and chambers, specialist boutique law firms, public access barristers, business clients and direct clients.
The role is progressive and for the right candidate will provide exposure to a wide range of practice areas and experience. The position is ideal for someone who is looking to secure a training contract or pupillage in the future or for those who have yet to decide which path they would like to take.
Due to current circumstances, the role will predominantly be remote based but access to transport links is essential as there may be some ‘in person’ attendance of meetings required.
IDR is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and we encourage applications from those that are generally underrepresented in the legal profession.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in drafting reports/bundles for IDR professionals;
- Undertaking initial case analysis of new instructions and preparing cases notes for legal professionals;
- Engaging with solicitors and barristers to assist them in using IDR services;
- Performing legal research for cases and articles;
- General Administration tasks to support the Practice Manager and other IDR functions;
- On occasion being assigned to a solicitor or barrister for case support
- Ability to prepare bundles/expert reports in line with practice directions;
- Confident in the use of Office 365, Adobe and Case Management Systems;
- Good writing and conversational skills;
- Understanding of basic legal processes;
- Be able to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- Ability to contribute to social media and blog content;
- Sales and negotiation technics to secure new business;
- Working knowledge of Family, Civil and Insolvency Law;
- Designing and editing of branded literature;
- Law Degree or equivalent CiLEX qualification;
- Legal Practice Course;
- Bar Professional Training Course;
- Paralegal/Legal Secretary Certification.
IDR is an innovative and progressive business and any individual who believes they have the necessary skills and knowledge to fulfil this role should not be discouraged from applying, even if they do not currently hold any of the above qualifications.